EDEN 2022 Young Scholar Awards and Best Research Paper Awards
EDEN 2022 Young Scholar Awards will count with collaboration of The Ulrich Bernath Foundation for Research in Open and Distance Learning that will support:
- Young scholars or teams of young scholars with a grant of 600 Euros for successfully submitting a research paper to be presented at the EDEN Annual Conference in 2022
- 3 grants of 600 Euros with respect to the EDEN Research Workshop in 2022.
Notice that if these events have to take place online the grants will be 300 Euros for 5 young scholars or teams of young scholars respectively.
Eligible for the Young Scholars grants are degree-programme and doctoral students, who individually or in teams submit papers that are originated either for the 2022 EDEN Annual Conference or the 2022 EDEN Research Workshop and which will be presented by young scholar(s).
Team work with senior scholars are accepted, however it must be declared that the major part of the paper has been authored by young scholar(s).
Young scholars who apply for the grant will also take part in the EDEN Best Research Paper Award competition, which has been granted since 2008 and it’s one of the most special events for the e-learning and distance education research community. It’s based on the following evaluation criteria:
- The paper deals with a research question
- Rigorous examination/research methods are applied
- Findings, results and outcomes are convincingly presented and critically examined
- Conclusions are thoroughly discussed (including aspects like applicability, transferability, and further research).
- Literature is reviewed against the state of art.
The grants will be handed out by bank transfer after the EDEN 2022 Annual Conference “Shaping the Digital Transformation of the Education Ecosystem in Europe” hosted by Tallinn University in Estonia, 20-22 June.
More details for the upcoming event, such as jury and selection process will be published very soon. Meanwhile, you can take a look at the 2021 EDEN Best Research Paper Award Outcomes and the previous winners of the award.